View Single Post

Old 10-20-2023, 04:08 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Winston O Boogie jr View Post
I very rarely have trouble negotiating round about because I understand the rules. But today someone had a problem with me and a gate attendant told me I was wrong. I disagree.

I was in the right hand lane and intended to stay in the right hand lane and take the first exit. As I was about to enter the round about, there was a car in the left hand lane just coming into view. I entered the round about and stayed in my lane. The car in the round about decided to not only take the same exit, which would have been fine, but also decided to switch lanes almost hitting me. He blew his horn as if I was in the wrong. When I got to the gate, the attendant yelled, "you should never enter the round about when there is another car in it". I replied that the other car had changed lanes and almost hit me". She said, "It doesn't matter. The cars in the round about have the right of way."

I fully understand the right of way and had the other car been in the right hand lane or had I intended to go to the second exit, I would have waited for the other car to pass. But in this case, the lane was open and there wouldn't have been a problem if the other person hadn't decided to change lanes into the side of my car.

I believe that I didn't do anything wrong here but I honestly don't know what the law states,

Does anyone know the actual law?
You should have been able to make your right turn without expecting to get hit or nearly hit. You are correct.

However, You forgot that rule we have all heard about before...Never Assume. You know what happens when you do that.