View Single Post

Old 10-30-2023, 10:59 AM
Sage
Thanked 13,813 Times in 5,293 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredguy123 View Post
Thanks. According to her website, she is a "fee-only" advisor and a certified financial planner (CFP), and she will tailor her services and advice to meet the client's specific needs. She doesn't work for commissions. As far as I know, any CFP can sell advice to clients in any state. I sent her a message asking her to explain why she cannot do business in all states.
FYI, here is the reply I got back from Som Hanvanich. Quite frankly, I don't understand why she can't provide advice to anyone since she doesn't sell any financial products.

Hello,

Thank you for your inquiry. Since I am an advisor registered with the state of Ohio, I could only provide advice to Ohio residents. If clients live outside of Ohio, the clients’ states must permit a registration exception for me to be able to work with the clients. These states normally indicate their exceptions on the North American Securities Administrators Association. If a state (such as Minnesota) does not indicate the exceptions, it normally means they do not allow for the exceptions or there may be other stipulations. As for your questions about a licensed insurance agent, I am not an agent and I do not sell any financial products, including annuities. Thank you again for your interest in the fee only financial advisory services.

Sincerely,

Som Hanvanich, PhD, CFP®, CFA

Hanvanich Financial LLC
2555 S. Dixie Drive, Suite 202
Kettering, OH 45409