View Single Post

Old 10-30-2023, 03:29 PM
Sage
Location: NJ, NM, SC, PA, DC, MD, VA, NY, CA, ID and finally FL.
Thanked 4,646 Times in 1,770 Posts

When Consuelo Mack interviewed Charles D. Ellis on 'Wealthtrack' in one of her two interviews with him she asked him about financial advisors, if he had any good ones he could recommend. A pensive moment passed. Charlie responded he could think of one - who was not taking on new clients of course and probably only worked with zillionaires.

Steve Sturner whom I really liked was my guy at Ameriprise Financial for many years. I rarely asked him for advice although I thought him capable and never paid a fee to Ameriprise or him for guidance. I just used Ameriprise as a wirehouse. He is the one who straightened out my IRA to Roth conversion. Steve is very smart and knows his business. He left Ameriprise and started Tempus Wealth Planning a few years ago. I have not a clue about how he charges but I never lost confidence in him. I just did not want to move my account to another outfit. I am not recommending him, just putting his name out there. Of course his office is in Irvine, CA if that is a problem.

Tempus Wealth Planning

Looks like Tempus is both fee-only and a fiduciary. Start Here β€” Tempus Wealth Planning

β€œTo argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.” Thomas Paine

Last edited by manaboutown; 10-30-2023 at 06:16 PM.