View Single Post

Old 10-30-2023, 04:47 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
Well, rg123, looks like that is just the way it is. She is an actual, for-real, fee-only planner. Seems like they are not easy to find.

I looked up Garrett Planning Network, of which she is a member, and typed in "The Villages, FL" in the part that says "Find Advisor" and found that there are no members in TV and not that many in the state.

Looks like Garrett is fee-only, only.

I, personally, would not want to go to an advisor that I had not met with in person, anyway.

It sure is hard to find fee-only advisors. I think the "other kind" can have it pretty easy, what with the commissions, the loads, and that wicked thing where they get a percentage of your portfolio (AUM) whether you are up or down. Never made any sense to me. But. . .that's just how I am, and I acknowledge that someday I might need to change my behavior. Not easy for an old leopard.

Boomer
I have contacted multiple Garrett Network Advisors. While they may be "fee only", many of them use AUM charging models. That is the same system large firms like Fisher Investments uses.