View Single Post

Old 10-31-2023, 03:40 PM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,880 Times in 3,702 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill14564 View Post
Typo. I corrected my post. Using $265,000 the math comes to 13 years, 2 months which is close enough to call it a 13 year breakeven point.

Not investment advice but you mentioned CDs which actually are not terribly liquid. Not familiar with LT US Bonds but I assume the LT portion means those are not terribly liquid either.

My point is, if the annuity is fixed and if the company can be trusted to survive 20+ years then you can't guarantee something better using the market. The market *could* turn out better but it might not. CDs or Bonds at 5% would give 17 years (if your calculations are correct).

If the question, "When R U going to die?" is important to the OP then he might not want to bet on the answer, "In the next 17 years."

If I am missing something, someone please point it out.
"Using $265,000 the math comes to 13 years, 2 months which is close enough to call it a 13 year breakeven point." That is BS, who assumes no time-value-of-money.....besides the salesmen?

"CDs which actually are not terribly liquid".....they are extremely liquid if you ladder.

"Not familiar with LT US Bonds but I assume the LT portion means those are not terribly liquid either"...................very liquid..........can sell on the open market any time.

"LT US Bonds"......one might be concerned about rates going down. If rates are going down, all things being equal.....the value of the bond is going up.

If you review the prior posts................I asked the OP when he/she is going to die.

There are many other questions as well.........like, do you want to leave any money at death; what other investments do you have, is your house mortgage free, etc.