View Single Post

Old 10-31-2023, 11:05 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by frayedends View Post
Yes, just found out Florida does prohibit dual agency (same agent on both sides). It is okay in the scenario in Massachusetts, provided they don't touch the negotiations.

As far as the buyer agent thing, yeah you can do it yourself. If you are educated enough. I always thought I knew plenty. But damn, there are a lot of things that can go sideways. But, at least for now, you are gonna pay the full commission whether you have a buyer's agent or not. The listing may say 5% and if there's no buyer's agent the listing agent gets it all. Some listing agents will work with you on this if there's not buyer's agent and provide a discount.

Question though, are you saying there is no buyer agents in Florida (Separate from the listing agent)?
When buying a home, at anytime, you can drop one agent and get another. You have no contract with any of them. In fact, you can have several, if you want. No one can force you to work with them. So, is there an OFFICIAL buyers agent in Florida? I say no. If you say yes, we are just splitting hairs. It depends on one's definition. I have never had a buyer's agent. Just a man who saw $$$$ and kept following me from house to house. He didn't even negotiate terms, I did! Lol. If he wasn't there when I decided to buy, I would have contacted the listing agent. I would rather pay a good home inspector to follow me around. But, that's just me!

Last edited by margaretmattson; 11-01-2023 at 12:51 AM.