View Single Post

Old 11-02-2023, 06:23 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbb View Post
What index funds are you in that returned 25% this year?
Check out Vgt. This was 1 of three index funds I was/am in this past year. There are others too. Pretty easy since last year tech sucked and when things are down, then it’s time to buy. I also bought Apple at its low in the high 120’s late last year and rode that up then got out.

Use the stock/fund screener on your brokers website to see what you are looking for.
I have had these same index funds for many years. I sold everything Jan 1, 2022 and got into money markets that are paying over 5%. BUT, throughout the year, I put in a lot of money into a couple of these funds/apple while they were down and then got out of most of them when the peaked. When I think things are going to turn around in this world/stock market, I will sell all my money market funds and repurchase all my trusted index funds and get growth that we haven’t seen in a while. I don’t do bonds, don’t do annuities, just do low risk, high return, high dividends, low turnover, index funds with a couple of single stocks, and never use a broker or advisor