View Single Post

Old 11-05-2023, 10:05 AM
Sage
Thanked 9,240 Times in 2,819 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by frayedends View Post
Figure this is a good place to find all sorts of info. Be moving there soon.

Anyhow, as anyone from Boston/North Shore can attest, we are snobs on pizza, roast beef sandwiches and even Chinese food. Heck when I moved closer to Worcester I couldn't even find good Chinese nor roast beef.

So what I'm looking for is roast beef like Kelly's. Warm beef slices on a sesame or onion roll, American cheese, and bbq sauce.

Pizza, needs to be Italian style, not Greek. God I'd kill for a Santarpios pizza. But heck even Papa Ginos is acceptable.

Chinese, well if you are from the North Shore, you know Kowloon style. That's what I'd be looking for.

Please no haters. The food IS NOT A DEAL BREAKER. If you want to tell me to stay in Massachusetts, just move along. This is for fun and to hear what there is for fast casual stuff around the Villages. It does not matter if the food doesn't live up to what I have in Massachusetts. I'm just trying to learn more.
I have lived in Massachusetts for the majority of my life, including time in the Boston area (Newton, Watertown, and Brookline). We have different diets as I don’t eat the types of food referenced above. That being said, I am a seafood kind of guy, and the seafood in Massachusetts blows away just about anything we have found in the Villages area. I expected a state like Florida, that is a peninsula bordered by two huge bodies of water, to have better and more affordable seafood. To my surprise, I learned that much of the seafood served in Florida is actually imported from the northern states, with the exceptions being things like local snapper, grouper, redfish, and shrimp. Forgetting about food, there are many things in the Villages that positively blow away living in Massachusetts, with the one major exception being quality health care. The Boston area offers extensive access to some of the absolute best health care anywhere in the entire world. The Villages on the other hand has a substantially subpar and overstressed health care system. That alone is the deal breaker for us ever becoming full timers.