View Single Post

Old 09-28-2009, 12:15 PM

I had decided to move to the central Florida area when I retired. I wanted a nice area with a strong sense of community near the Orlando area. I originally thought about moving to Celebration, Florida. However, when I visited there I was somewhat disappointed. My wife and I found we could not afford a house there so we would have to buy a condominium. Also, taxes were high. I visited Celebration several more times and decided I needed to expand my search.

I began researching places on the InfoNet and visiting them when my wife and I went to Florida. In researching on the InfoNet one day I found out about The Villages. I visited there website and liked what I saw. My wife and I decided to visit in January 2008 for a quick three hour tour even though it was further from Orlando than the maximum 45 minutes I wanted to be. I was really impressed when I heard about all the clubs and activities.

My wife didn't want to live in a retirement community so I didn't mention that to her before we visited. She changed her mind after visiting TV. While she liked the activities and the house designs she was really impressed by all the places you can visit in a golf cart.

We did a lifestyle preview in July 2008 and decided this was the place for us. We can't wait to sell our house and move there.