View Single Post

Old 11-07-2023, 10:18 AM
Soaring Parsley
Thanked 2,229 Times in 757 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitley View Post
I watched the first episode and didn't think it was very good. Laugh track and some corny jokes. I am a fan of the old Frasier in Seattle sitcom. Perhaps it will take a few episodes for it to hit its stride.

I sure agree with you about laugh tracks. And sometimes they are startlingly loud. I can’t believe the people who decide that stuff think they work. It has always seemed to me like some kind of lameazz attempt at mind control. . .

I find laugh tracks to be not only annoying and aggravating, but also just plain insulting. Sometimes I give up on a show because of those idiotic laugh tracks. And yet, here they are, still with us, after decade upon decade of television.

Ug, don’t get me started on laugh tracks. . .but. . . looks like you did, two paragraphs worth.

Back to the show — The episode where Frasier thinks the woman in her 20s is hitting on him is funny. . .

That reminds me, I also liked the Corner Gas episode where Oscar thinks Lacey has a thing for him.

Boomer

PS: On the gossipy sign — looks like Frasier has an outstanding plastic surgeon.