View Single Post

Old 11-08-2023, 08:12 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,141 Times in 567 Posts
Default Much More

Quote:
Originally Posted by midiwiz View Post
You're basing this hypothesis on gasoline prices???? That ridiculous, the gas prices are being controlled by the sell off of the strategic reserve, so when that reserve needs to be refilled at an even higher price then what???? I won't even mention the point that only 2 weeks supply is far beyond high risk for the reserve.
Take it from me, it’s all about the oil market(how much a barrel is), refining and transportation. Selling from reserves is just a market influencer. I remember an accountant that was talking to the comptroller about gas prices one day.

True Story: The staff accountant didn’t even know the difference between gas (automotive type) and Marcellus gas (natural) and she had been doing entries for an eternity. This was all in front of the auditors brought in from Texas. The auditor went on to clarify and explain this very thing about prices. Many don’t understand the bottom line….It’s all MARKET. The price per barrel companies are willing to pay. Many ditzy people will never get it and accuse, accuse, accuse. There just isn’t a whole field knowledge or understanding that will ever be there.

“Everyone may not be good, but there's always something good in everyone. Never judge anyone shortly because every saint has a past and every sinner has a future.” - Oscar Wilde

Last edited by Normal; 11-08-2023 at 08:23 AM.