Thread: United Airlines
View Single Post

Old 11-08-2023, 11:29 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,801 Times in 1,564 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfing eagles View Post
I liked the "old days" much better. No overhead bins, no carry on luggage, every bag checked without additional baggage fees. Planes boarded and deplaned in less than 1/2 the time.

Which brings up another pet peeve: I weigh 190 and if I check 2 bags of 30# each for a total of 250, I pay for my seat + $75-95 for baggage. Then, the 350# passenger crams in next to me with fat rolls hanging into my "space" and just pays for the ticket. I suggest that airfare is charged for the seat + per pound over the average weight including baggage which, of course would go over like a lead balloon. OK, all the bleeding hearts can pile on now
Agree. Do away with the overhead bins. Store small/personal items under your seat or on your lap.
To deal with "over hang" from the next seat, a dividing wall/panel separating the seats. It is always a battle for the armrest anyway, now gone.
Since weight affects fuel consumption, charge by total weight of each customer + all their baggage. Smaller/lighter folks and those with less baggage will pay less because they "use" less fuel.