View Single Post

Old 11-08-2023, 03:16 PM
Platinum member
Location: Here, there, a lot of time in the Caribbean and keys, not much time spent in cold climates
Thanked 1,787 Times in 768 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dewilson58 View Post
Bonefish.
Another vote for Bonefish for a nice reasonably priced "sit down". Had a few disappointments over the years, but very few. We prefer P.D.Q. and Chi-Fl-A if faced with having "fast food" Tried the independent restaurant Alfie's in the tiny plaza on 441/27 just past Oakwood (opposite side of the highway from Oakwood grill). Not a great lover of my seafood deep-fried, but I did try it there due to so many "raves" we've heard. Loved our meals. Sparkling clean, VERY plain, no decor or "atmosphere" but some of, if not, the best deep fried food I've had (they do also fix items grilled, blackened, etc.). Don't do much carryout as no matter how carefully packaged, it is just never as hot and not big fans of "micro-waving", so our one choice if doing full meal carryout would be the Oakwood BBQ. baked potato steaming hot even taking it out, etc. Looking forward to Portillo's as another acceptable "middle of the road" for sit down or take out at very reasonable prices. That's my run down...LOL !