View Single Post

Old 11-09-2023, 08:07 PM
Default Club car Lithium?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hacker1 View Post
I would appreciate hearing from anyone with experience with Lithium conversions from lead-acid, 48-volt. Any issues down the road? Lithium ok with DC motor? Need to change controller? Anything else about this subject? I'm contemplating whether to upgrade my lead-acid to T-125, or switch to Lithium, or just get a new cart.
Any comments from anyone with knowledge/experience in this area will be appreciated.
Thanks!
Thanks to all who responded - I really do appreciate all of your responses. I received conflicting advice (not just on this forum) about converting an older cart to Lithium, but there was enough concern to dissuade me from converting an older cart with DC motor and controller. I'm not a do-it-yourselfer with respect to tinkering with golf carts; however I do appreciate the responses from those who evidently are do-it-yourselfers. I actually ended up with a new set of lead-acid batteries; however still thinking down the road of replacing my cart with a new or slightly used cart with factory-installed Lithium. We have, during this process, looked at, and test-driven Star, EZ-GO, and Evolution Lithium, both new and slightly used. Like the Star, but wondering about the Club Car? Would like to hear from anyone with knowledge of and/or experience with Club Car Lithiums..