View Single Post

Old 11-12-2023, 07:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinm55 View Post
Hi all. The front lawn consisting of St Augustine grass at our villa looks terrible and also has weeds. We water regularly and pay for treatment every other month from a company called zoysia green (obviously not happy with their service)….

In short, I am considering having all grass torn out, fresh soil added and then either seed or sod put down. I would be interested in hearing any and all suggestions from those who have done the same or similar. Also interested to learn if there is a particular time of year that is suggested for best results.

Any recommendations for trustworthy landscapers to do this job will also be appreciated. I love the Villages and want to make my lawn look great and think I need to start my lawn over! Thx in advance
Agreed, it all looks terrible. My husband digs out the dead spots, treats for fungus and then replaces the spots with Zoysia pieces. The Zoysia will eventually take over. Some of the landscapes say it’s not a fungus, but that’s BS. Everyone seems to be suffering from it. It’s a lot of work for him, but it looks good and if you can do it, it’s cheaper this way.