Thread: Vehicle Tip
View Single Post

Old 11-14-2023, 05:14 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,988 Times in 2,492 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pairadocs View Post
Wow, glad you commented. I was reading this strand and I almost thought some adult was trying to lecture a small child. Went from the "task" of opening a key fob (often using a coin from your pocket", to talking about driving on BALD tires, and then a lecture on not replacing only the bad tire but all four ($800 to $1200 minimum, obviously oblivious that there are young families and seniors who can not replace all tires when some have tread time left ! I didn't know what all that lecture type talking down to meant, but "WOW" was my first reaction. Someone needs to calm down for sure, and respect that others probably do not do exactly as they do. Seemed more like a "dressing down" or a "lecture or rant" of the "I know best" type. Strange post if it was actually written by a mature adult. Notice it did not start out with something like, "that's one way to look at it, I personally like to practice preventative maintenance by changing my oil often even if not needed, getting rid of tires even if still have some miles left, but I realize many people do like, or need, to get every hour of use out of anything they have to purchase".....nope, nothing in that post seemed to have any understanding that all adults have their own opinions and way of doing things. It's a mystery how some people "think" in such narrow perimeters ?

Maybe is wasn’t lecture but learning experience to be avoided?