View Single Post

Old 11-17-2023, 11:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredguy123 View Post
I rewrote this thread because I just wanted to get opinions about the mission change for the Tunnel to Towers charity, not to create a controversy. I have always considered this charity to be one of my favorites because of their focus on helping veterans with severe physical disabilities suffered in combat to get housing, and because of their exceptional cost efficiency. Now, Frank Siller is appearing in TV commercials asking for donations to help homeless veterans with PTSD. I don't deny that some veterans suffer from PTSD, but I just don't view veterans with PTSD in the same way as veterans who lost their legs in combat. I also believe that some disability claims for PTSD may be fraudulent and I don't trust the current screening process for PTSD claims. Please provide opinions.
While you may not believe that all claims for PTSD are legitimate, the process is actually pretty straightforward. The veteran has to prove that a traumatic injury occurred while in the service. That they were treated at some point and after they got out of the service, they had to continue getting treatment for PTSD. It’s not as easy as you think to make a claim for PTSD. Please educate yourself before making such harsh assumptions.