View Single Post

Old 11-19-2023, 09:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoachKandSportsguy View Post
I just had the (2) batteries changed in my truck, 4.5 years old OEM, and i have had an app warning about the battery condition. . .

I called AAA and the gentleman was here within 15 minutes.
He tested the battery, but i told him to just replace them.

In 30 minutes, both batteries were changed out,
at $180 per battery, which is the same price as retail purchase of any competing 65 sized 12 volt car battery.

And the technician said, he can't believe now that you can't save any money changing out the battery yourself. Battery mfg is Interstate, which I have used before. Their battery specs the same or similar or better than the retail options DIY prices. How does AAA make money? Bulk purchases of batteries and customer satisfaction. . recipe for success anytime

So, for uze guyz who want cheap and quick and are members of AAA, best option around.

have a great day!

retired finance guy
Here’s some more information nobody asked for ;-)

I’ve had AAA for probably 30 years and maybe used the emergency road service half a dozen times. It’s not much money per year and worth the peace of mind for me to have someone to call that I know will respond quickly. I’ve used the battery service before and it’s pretty slick.

I’d never used their travel service but for some reason used them to rent a car a year or so ago. Long story short, the rental car company charged me for a bunch of stuff I never asked for and when I complained (both verbally and in writing) they told me to pound sand. I finally let AAA know what happened and within a day or so I had a full refund and an apology. I guess they have some sway. Good to know.