View Single Post

Old 11-24-2023, 08:26 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sr1436 View Post
I want to share with you something that took place at the 7 Eleven Store near Brownwood (at corner of Powell and 44A next to Shooter's World). I think it encouraging, inspiring and worthy of sharing.

So around 10:30pm last night (Thursday, 11/23) one of the store employees had just finished his shift. He name is Cody. Turns out that in the parking lot was a younger couple and an older man. Possibility father to one of the young couple. They were returning to Ocala when they had a flat tire. Not knowing the area well and with no spare they were seeking assistance about where they could get their tire repaired or replaced. Really very limited to no options at that time of night and on a holiday night.

So, what does Cody, the store employee, do? He takes the spare out of his less than a month-old new car! Yep, he lends the complete strangers his new car spare tire on a promise that they will return it! When asked why he did what he did he replied, It's the right thing to do, I'm proud of my store and I wanted to help out my customers!

I don't know about you, but I find Cody's actions and attitude, rare, refreshing and encouraging.

And, yes, in an effort to recognize and reinforce positive customer centered experiences, earlier today I did go to the store and share what had happened with the store manager.

Just wanted to share with you. We need more people with this level of character. Lots more.
Wonderful story! Thanks to Cody a family in need could return home on a holiday evening. His kind soul helped these people. No matter how the story ends he is a generous person.