View Single Post

Old 11-26-2023, 10:09 AM
Veteran member

[QUOTE=ithos;2277454]
Quote:
Originally Posted by frayedends View Post
So I should ignore the fact that the keto/carnivore diet cured all my health issues because there are links to other studies?

You can believe whatever you want but when some on this thread start proclaiming the the carnivore is a healthy diet that cures many ill and that plants are dangerous without citing credible peer reviewed literature then you shouldn't be surprised when others respond with science and fact based evidence.

Were you truly cured or did the symptoms go away. Are there long term negative consequences that you don't know about? We have no idea unless you are willing to provide your entire medical record which probably isn't appropriate on this site.

I could provide anecdotal evidence that I had significant improvement by going plant based but it would be almost worthless because it is just one data point. That is why I reference articles from established and credible medical organizations that substantiate their findings with established medical protocols and years of data.

Pubmed.gov. If you can find information that backs up your beliefs then I would be most interested in reading it.
I think there is a lot we agree on. As far as a vegetarian diet, I don't think it's sustainable and I don't think it's healthy. Just about every vegetarian I've met looks sickly thin and seems to have very low muscle mass. That is, of course, excluding the "vegetarians" that are obese because they eat tons of processed carbs.

But this is just my opinion. As far as research, I won't be trusting anything "Dot Gov". They are the people telling us to eat mostly pasta and bread.

I guess I wouldn't share my personal medical history here, but my A1C went from 5.7 (any higher is diabetic) to 5.0 in an extremely short time. I lost 30 lbs quickly and my BP and cholesterol have been fine. We are on a couple years now. Again, though, I didn't do strict carnivore, just very low carb.

In any case, I've fallen victim to what I complain about and derailed a thread. The OP didn't ask us for advice on the diet. So I think we can agree to disagree on some points and move on to good meat recommendations.