View Single Post

Old 11-29-2023, 05:16 PM
Gold member
Thanked 1,097 Times in 376 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Verciglio View Post
Several years back a resident who lives in Lynnhaven was kind enough to give me a remote unit when I had lost mine. His name is Gary. I now need to reprogram my key pad and I cannot find his contact information. I also live in Lynnhaven across the street from Churchill Downs Recreation center. Gary if you are reading this or if someone in Lynnhaven knows Gary would you please contact Paul at 716-533-9227
What do you mean by reprogramming your keypad? What do you call a keypad? Most Garage door systems have 3 components.

1/Motor/Control overhead that gets programmed to remember signals sent that are meant to open and close.

2/ An inside wall station that is wired to the Motor and Control. Typically, this internal wall station (MVP wall unit is called a Superstation) that is used to either erase codes in the Motor/Control or in the learn mode to initiate transmitting new codes to the Motor/Control.

3/External wireless remotes which transmits a unique radio signal.

To use the external wireless remotes, their unique codes must be learned by the Motor/Control.

Each brand of system has unique instructions on how to do that.

You may not need to find Gary. If you describe the system you have (Brand, Components) and what/why you needing to reprogram you may be able to get guidance. That is why responses ask for type of unit.