View Single Post

Old 12-04-2023, 06:06 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,205 Times in 793 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldwingnut View Post
Your slanted remarks clearly show much about yourself, why do you bother to live here, if you do at all.
That seems to be a favorite refrain around here, when folks disagree. It might come as a huge shock to you, but some people opt to live in a place that may not be perfect, but it offers some things they find of value. Some folks choose to live Russia, Libya or even Bangladesh, even though life might not be perfect and government may not always have the residents' best interests in mind.

Quote:
Your slanted remarks clearly show much about yourself, why do you bother to live here, if you do at all.

But of course an uninformed opinion always assumes the worst.

When I took office as the first resident elected supervisor in CDD10 I had only a smattering of knowledge of what I was getting into and was extremely skeptical of the actions of the board.
I see. So it was ok for you to be skeptical, but anyone else who's skeptical, is slanted and uninformed?

Quote:

I wish I could say the same of all of the elected officials I have met in the last nine years. Fortunately most of these men and women are honorable and honest individuals, most but not all. Some I have met have proven themselves to be liars, dishonest, biased, egotistical, ignorant, uninformed, and self centered, trying to pass themselves off as doing what’s best for the “residents” when in fact much of their efforts have accomplishing just the opposite and to simply get their names recognized in certain online websites and to be elevated to places of “honor” within some organizations.

If you want to try to smear and spread distrust about the actions of individuals, my experience has taught me that these, in your words, hand-picked Supervisors, are in fact the wrong target.
Ahhh ... only the Developer's "hand-picked supervisors" are trustworthy and only you have the right to be skeptical?

The $40,000,000 the Developer stole, that was approved by the trustworthy supervisors, was merely an over-sight?

& the $350,000,000 in tax free bonds, the IRS says were improperly issued, was just an unfortunate blip?

I think I have it straight now. It all makes perfect sense.

Quote:
Your slanted remarks clearly show much about yourself.
To paraphrase the late, great Johnnie Cochran, "if the glove fits, you can't acquit".

Last edited by BrianL99; 12-04-2023 at 06:51 AM.