View Single Post

Old 12-11-2023, 06:28 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,371 Times in 817 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tophcfa View Post
Over the years we have observed a head scratching lack of consistency of conditions. There seems to be no rhyme or reason as conditions vary both between courses and at the same courses at different times, with no distinct seasonal patterns. It’s hard to figure out, but logic dictates it’s either incompetence or lack of consistent funding. There are some courses that do appear to be both better and worse, than average, most of the time. Since I think they all have similar maintenance budgets, it’s reasonable to conclude there is a lack of consistency between the capabilities of maintenance staffs. The lack of consistency doesn’t particularly bother us, my wife is not an overly serious golfer and finds the conditions good enough. I am a more serious golfer, but don’t care how I score on executive courses as I view them more as practicing ball striking with the shorter clubs in my bag. I certainly have much higher expectations for the Championship courses, especially given the expensive high season rates while using my own cart.
My husband feels the exec courses are practice ranges not golf courses.