View Single Post

Old 12-16-2023, 08:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dream2retire View Post
I want input and advice about investing in rental property in TV.

Long long story short: I have a cash pension plan from a previous employer. Pays out as an annuity payment at retirement until my death then 50% to my wife until she passes. No value after that. Let’s say it’s $2K/month. Now they are offering us to cash out or roll it over.
I really don’t want any advice about rolling it over.
I was investigating rental property investment. If I could buy a house and get $2k /month rental income after expenses I would be thrilled. My thinking is over the years this would increase ( 20, 15 , 20 years). My income would grow and I would still have the principal ( the house) and that would be growing as well.

After looking at it a little, I’m thinking long term rentals wouldn’t bring in that much after expenses. It appears like it may even be difficult to get long term renters. Short term would definitely bring in that and more during winter months but I’m guessing very little at all during the summer.
Do you agree or disagree? Observations?
Obviously there are a lot of details I have left off to try to be brief. Just wanted your input and experiences. Thanks
You are correct, long term rentals most likely would NOT bring in $2k/month after expenses. Don't become a landlord. It's work, it's stressful and not as profitable as you think, especially in today's market. I've had two properties that I recently exited with most of the profit coming from capital appreciation.