View Single Post

Old 12-17-2023, 06:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrChip72 View Post
I'm a landlord in the Villages. Many long term rentals are charging between $2000-$2500/month right now. Typical expenses on a home is around $1200/month not including maintenance type things. Then you have to account for times where you might have some empty months between tenants at times. The profit for many is razor thin or non-existent in some years.

This is all assuming that you do it yourself and not use a management company. If you would be using a management company, there's no chance you would make a profit at this.

There's many much better ways to invest your money with less risk and less headaches.
Amen to this.

I’ve written ten books and my first book was on the hazards of investing in real estate rental properties.

For a time, I worked indefatigably on making money through real estate investments. I bought old properties, restored them and then rented them out.

It was awful. And I lost money. I’d rather go back to working as a waitress at a bar (another ghastly job) than trying to make money as a landlord.