View Single Post

Old 12-19-2023, 08:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WiscoDogsDad View Post
How distant are you from The Turnpike and what issues do you have with the ambient road noise?

I will be relocating in 2025 and would like to have a baseline for this issue.

I thank you, all, in advance for your observations.
We live at Linden and my Brother lives at Linden Isle. Half a mile i guess from our house and one quarter from his? The noise comes mostly from tire noise. I have very good hearing, was an AF Morse Code Operator, and sometimes when the conditions are right i can hear the sound. When we sit on their birdcage i have to concentrate to hear the noise. We have a home in Annapolis and right now i can hear an airplane like is in the back yard and helicopters that fly over the Mall. When we purchased our lot i went down and went to the homes that backed up to the turnpike and it was not a deterrent. Those homes took longer to sell. People here are very friendly and if you ask when they are outside they will be glad to let you know about the noise. The turnpike doesn’t have hills so the trucks seem to just have tire noise also. Hope this helps. We would not live anywhere else. Great location and more and mire to be built. Cheers Steve

Last edited by sowilts; 12-19-2023 at 08:08 AM. Reason: Spelling