View Single Post

Old 12-28-2023, 10:39 AM
Soaring Parsley
Thanked 2,226 Times in 756 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvNH View Post
Try "Archie". The story of Cary Grant. I thought the lead was Cary Grant when I first heard him speak. Also BritBox on Prime.
“Archie” was the reason I resubscribed to BritBox recently. Have not watched it yet but will soon.

I just looked up Dyan Cannon who wrote “Dear Cary” — her memoir. She and their daughter produced “Archie” — I guess they know his story better than anyone.

Dyan Cannon will turn 87 in a few days. “Boynton Beach Club” was a movie she did years ago, set in a retirement community. I have not watched it in ages, but I still remember the scene where that woman, in a big hurry, backs out of her driveway without looking first — and changes everything for a lot of people by being stupid. (I never depend on someone backing out of driveways or parking spots when I am walking by. Too many are in a big, clueless hurry. Not always retired people either.)

I might have to track down “Boynton Beach Club” someday soon. It was a nice little movie about relationships at retirement age. That driveway scene started the storyline.

Well…….enough digressing from me this morning.

Boomer