View Single Post

Old 12-28-2023, 09:56 PM
Sage
Thanked 14,448 Times in 5,522 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeBlossomBaby View Post
You know there are xfinity/comcast stores scattered around the Villages. You can just bring your remote in and they'll swap it out for a new one after confirming your account.

Also try what I've been doing, ever since Comcast was a thing - even up north.

You tell them, just 2 weeks before your contract expires, that you want the new deal. To find the new deal, go to their website but do NOT log in. Instead, enter the address of any home in your neighborhood you know that is currently vacant/for sale (it means it's an address that doesn't currently have service). Then check for special introductory deals at that address.

They'll tell you it's an introductory deal, not for existing customers. Tell them that's fine, you'll just cancel your service. Since you're only 2 weeks out from the expiration of your current contract, there's no penalty for cancelling early. But tell them you will cancel - and then call them back to sign up as a new customer, thus qualifying for the introductory deal that you wanted them to give you.

Tell them - you can do it that way, or they can save themselves time, energy, and inconvenience, by simply giving you that deal right then and there over the phone.

They *might* say that "previous subscribers ineligible" and you can then say no problem, you'll cancel anyway, and go to Spectrum (or whatever else is in your area). At that point they'll cave and extend your existing deal (which is ALWAYS the deal you'll find for new customers) another year.

As I said - it's around 20 minutes of inconvenience, for another year of lowered prices. When we moved in, we were paying $50/month for 100mbps. We're now paying $50/month for 200mbps. This is our 4th year living here, we're going on year 5.
I played that game with the retention dept and than a muckemuck higher up the food chain and got nowhere. Doing research think I can get a lot more for less with others.

BTW they sent me two new remotes and same problem. Found two techs in the area explained problem and they had no clue what might be going on.