View Single Post

Old 12-29-2023, 12:58 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,730 Times in 1,554 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Byte1 View Post
IMO most of Prime Video is so lame and bad acting movies that I only watch a few programs on it ONLY because I can log into it via my daughter's account. If that was not available, I wouldn't even watch anything on Prime. I am lucky if I find one or two shows per month that interest me on Prime, so paying anything for it is not worth it. Netflix is getting pretty bad also. Most of the programing is dubbed foreign material. There is enough free stuff available by streaming that I don't have to spend a lot for the junk.
One of the advantages of Prime, IMO, is that they will often run all the shows in a series. The full series of Stargate SG-1 is available now, as is (I believe) the full three seasons to date of The Chosen. They also run some Canadian-produced series (Hell on Wheels, Frontier) which seem to have an overall much better quality both in story lines and in acting than do American-produced shows. I'd put Stargate SG-1 in that category as well, which had a large predominance of Canadian talent doing the acting.

I also enjoy the Amazon-produced shows such as The Aeronauts, among others. Those never seem to go away, they just add more shows to the list.

Overall, well worth what we're paying for it, TV as well as shopping.