View Single Post

Old 12-29-2023, 06:58 PM
Soaring Parsley
Thanked 2,228 Times in 757 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathyo View Post
I'm Confused, I looked up Dr Foster on IMDB and it describes it as "An embittered Doctor travels to South West England and his simple day trip becomes an emotional roller coaster, ride that will shape him and his world view for the rest of his life." ????
I am pretty sure a title cannot be copyrighted, so maybe that is why IMDB confused it. Google will find it for you with just the title Dr. Foster, but out of curiosity I added IMDB to the search line………..

When I did that, it showed up as Dr. Foster: A Woman Scorned. I don't know if it ever had that expanded title. I had seen it before only as Dr. Foster. That title is based on a nursery rhyme, so my guess is it has been used quite a few times. Maybe IMDB either knew more about the title or changed it to avoid confusion. (I think they would have needed permission to do that, but who knows.)

That thing about titles not being copyrighted can cause confusion. A woman in my book club read the wrong book one time. In the discussion, nobody knew what she was talking about, until we figured out the titles were the same. (Actually, the book she read sounded a lot better than the one the rest of us had. Now, we always make sure to include the author’s name when picking the next book.)

Boomer

Last edited by Boomer; 12-29-2023 at 07:06 PM.