View Single Post

Old 12-30-2023, 12:44 AM

I had ms excel app on my ipad … but it was really not nearly as capable as excel on windows. And some excel spreadsheets would not fully load on the ipad. But that was a couple of years ago. I do not know the present state.

I now use Apples “numbers” app on my ipad (free and comes installed). It is very capable, but there is a learning curve if you are coming from excel. The way you accomplish tasks in “numbers” is just different. It can not open existing excel docs.

I also use Apples “pages” app as a word processor on my ipad (free & already installed). Again very capable, but has a learning curve.

There are lots of tutorials on youtube for the apple apps. I rarely use my windows desktop now, because I have slowly learned how to accomplish everything i need on my ipads.

On my Windows desktop, I have been using “open office” for years. Its free. It is able to open/manipulate microsoft office documents without problem. It is a very solid program and can handle any of my complex excel spreadsheets that i have from my previous worklife. It can also save documents in native microsoft format, so MS Office can continue to be used if desired.