Thread: Girl Talk
View Single Post

Old 10-09-2009, 11:42 PM
Eternal Member
Send a message via AIM to barb1191
Default Rimless glasses have been in "vogue" for at least 10 yrs or more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barefoot View Post
Interesting comment Kate! I've been told by optical companies that Sarah Palin made the rimless glasses look fashionable again. And that the actual designer KK glasses are selling like hot cakes.

But then mini skirts and orange shag rugs came back into fashion, so there is a cycle for everything!
I see a different slant on this glasses bit. Many more people have been wearing rimless glasses for at least ten years now, including myself. They are so much lighter in weight than the rimmed glasses and look so much better. So very comfortable, as well. Much more expensive, but well worth it for the comfort mainly.

If you recall, there was also the press writing that an American Idol was hawking these rimless glasses as he would wear a different style rimless each performance.

My opthalmologist told me that there is now a way that people who need thick glasses can be made rimless. They can make the plastic lens much less thicker.

Most people walk in and out of your life, but FRIENDS leave footprints in your heart.

"Being kind is more important than being right." By Andy Rooney