View Single Post

Old 01-05-2024, 08:34 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,697 Times in 1,540 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by OmniTours View Post
Passenger Smuggles Cat Onboard Cruise Ship

Among the many rules about what you can and can’t bring aboard a cruise ship, here's another one.
No pet cats are allowed.

CLICK HERE TO READ MORE
Some interesting stories about people who try to smuggle things onboard a cruise ship: booze in a mouthwash bottle, various recreational vegetable matter and accompanying devices, etc.

Some time back we were returning from a Caribbean cruise with a bottle of Rum that I had purchased as a gift for my son. It was flagged by ship security as I knew it would be, who confiscated it and said that they'd return it the morning we disembarked. It was delivered to our cabin as promised but in the rush it somehow got packed into our carryon luggage for the flight home instead of our checked bag. Sure enough, the TSA agent (pleasant middle-aged woman) had us open the bag and there it was. She said she'd have to confiscate it, I asked what would happen to it and she said that they'd "empty it into the canal out back". I pointed out that it was an unopened bottle of rum and asked her if she'd accept it as a gift. She grinned and said "can't do that, honey".

Still, somehow I don't think it was emptied into the canal.