View Single Post

Old 01-09-2024, 02:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobcuse View Post
Everything costs more today with inflation but my vet prices today for the exact services as last January are up 26% excluding the distemper Parvo vaccine which is up 46% over 3 years ago. The prices have skyrocketed since VCA corporation bought out Buffalo Ridge Animal Hospital. Basic 60 second exam now $70 and DAp2p vaccine now $67.75! Prices are now increased 2x yr to minimize the sticker shock.

Does anyone have a recommendation for a quality vet with more reasonable prices?
I advise spending a little time doing online research about veterinarian recommendations for dogs or cats and then search a little more for contrary opinions to those.

Bottom line: Most pets are waaayy over-vaccinated and medicated and it's been that way for a long time. You do not have to get every one that they tell you to particularly if your animal is mostly a house pet. The vets are hustling income as much as anything else in this era. Many of them subtly play the guilt card (doesn't work on me).

I've been giving my dog stripped-down, minimal vet care the last almost 7 years and she is cranking along fine at 14 yrs old.