View Single Post

Old 01-13-2024, 08:51 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,189 Times in 837 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by frayedends View Post
They stick the thermometer in a nice grass field. Then that grass field is paved with blacktop and they keep the thermometer there and say temps rose.

Anyhow, exactly zero of the climate catastrophes I've been warned about for the last 50 years has come true. Still waiting on the ice age I was promised from the 70s. Somehow they have all been stopped, presumably because they keep taking more and more of our money.
I don't know what training or degree in science you might have but that is in its entirety a load of manure.
You chose to answer a serious question with your complete lack of knowledge on display.

There are standards for temperature taking. It is true that the landscape around the thermometer can impact the reading, and the amount of said impact can be determined and corrected. Of course certain elements then scream about how scientists are altering data when in fact they are correcting data.

As to how many of the catastrophes have occurred... maybe you'll be more specific about what you think you've been warned about vs what Fox News lied to you about what the science has predicted.

I am so tired of hearing about the ice age predicted in the 70s. If you want the truth you could read this article from the Bulletin of the American Meterological Society titled : THE MYTH OF THE 1970s GLOBAL COOLING SCIENTIFIC CONSENSUS

In that article you might learn that of peer reviewed studies published between 1965 and 1979 only 10% predicted future cooling, 28 % took no stance and 62% predicted global warming.

Meanwhile 2023 was the hottest year on record ever. Not even close.
The hottest 10 years ever recorded are each of the last ten. No year before 2014 had a higher average temperature than every single year since 2014.

The oceans are the great pool for absorbing heat, The oceans trap over 90% of the energy of heating of the earth. Global sea temperatures are at their highest level ever and rising.

Climatology was in its infancy in the 1960s to 1980s. No supercomputers, no longer term models, no sets of satellite data.

I present two graphs. One is the land temperature data the other the ocean data. As predicted but more than predicted the upward curves continue.

There are people here who love to joke about how cold it is today as if weather equals climate. And spew "what about the dinosaurs" But the truth is the globe is heating rapidly. It is heating because of the changes to our atmosphere caused by human activity overwhelming involving fossil fuels.
Attached Thumbnails
The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	land.JPG
Views:	233
Size:	36.9 KB
ID:	102199   The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	ocean.jpg
Views:	222
Size:	52.7 KB
ID:	102200