View Single Post

Old 01-16-2024, 06:00 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,173 Times in 779 Posts
Default Never under-estimate the stupidity of America's Youth

So I'm playing Amelia at Mallory, around 5 pm tonight.

Standing on the 3rd Tee. I see a woman walking around, between the cart path and the road, about 50 yards left of the Green.

It's playing 141, downhill. Simple knock down Wedge to about 5'. I'm playing an orange & yellow, Vice Shade golf ball.

I start to drive towards the Green and the woman, who's got on AirPods & playing with her phone, starts walking towards the Green & the Flag. I'm the only person on the golf course and there's no one else within 1000 yards.

I pull my cart up next to the Green and realize it's not a woman, but a girl of about 16-17. She walks towards the pin, picks up my ball and walks away with it.

I start walking to towards the Green and say; "what are you doing"? She says, "Oh, is this yours"? "No, it fell next to that Flag, when it was dropped from a UFO" is what I felt like saying.

She then hands me the ball and walks through the middle of the golf course (which is hidden from the Tee box).

If you haven't paid a Greens Fee, stay off the Championship Golf Courses. They're private property and not a place to stroll, walk, jog, play with your dog, push a baby carriage or cut through to somewhere else.