View Single Post

Old 01-17-2024, 06:49 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbird45 View Post
This argument over if man can control climate change and what causes it will continue over and over again. They way I look at it you have two groups of people standing over a person laying in the street bleeding to death arguing what type of bandage should be applied if any until the person passes away.

Look I don’t care who is right or wrong, but if there is the slightest chance something can be done to save the planet for future generations, we should go for it. It's better than doing nothing.
I agree. There are negative consequences for using carbon based fuels other than those predicted by the dubious government funded climate models. The same government that fires experts who have alternative views. That is why prioritizing mini nukes makes much more sense than relying on extremely expensive and unreliable wind and solar power generation.

This is because the draconian measures to abandon oil and gas would result in a dramatic lowering of the standard of living for all except the uber rich. And in developing and third world countries it would undoubtedly result in an rise in their mortality rate. It would also significantly increase the governments role in regulating our personal lives and diminish the freedom of movement that we take for granted.

So if you truly care about the plight of the least among us, you would not be advocating for a premature departure from extremely reliable energy.