View Single Post

Old 01-17-2024, 04:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aces4 View Post
If there is one blizzard a year which may tie up one to two days for indoor activities, it’s not considered the end of the world. I see very few people in The Villages washing their own cars and carts have to be maintained also. Up north,there is no such thing as love bug season to ruin the paint on vehicles or fade everything in the Florida sun. I’ve never witnessed a beautiful spring day with a renewed freshness in The Villages.

As said earlier, there is something for everyone but relocated Florida residents seem to keep rationalizing why they moved. I say enjoy whatever floats your boat.

It will not bother Northerners, even part time, to encourage people to move to The Villages.
I too, wonder about this. Why is it such a problem for people who move to TV that so many people still enjoy living a winter life for five or six months of the year. My children would NEVER think of moving here, they love the winter, they have all the toys and snow clearing gear. Also when it snows it does not last forever, the roads are cleared immediately, the mail still comes, Amazon still comes (thank you) and with the right clothing and footwear you can do anything you want. Things are very different from when we were young, we had to get out every morning and clean off our cars to get to work slipping and sliding all the way, now people work from home and don't go out in bad weather. Times have changed.