View Single Post

Old 01-19-2024, 05:56 AM
Sage

You specifically asked about a reservation. If you are trying to make a reservation then points don't matter. However, if you really meant to ask about trying to obtain a tee time via a request (different than trying to make a reservation) then points do matter but you didn't provide enough information to precisely answer the question. However, it would typically be two points (for your two tee times) but could be lower depending on how the tee times were obtained. Tee times obtained via the request system can have less than one point depending on the time difference between the actual tee time and when you indicated you wanted to play. Tee times obtained via a reservation have one point, as do tee time obtained the day of at the starter shack as a walk up or if you called. This also assumes you didn't have some other tee time that you canceled before the day of the tee time, or canceled the day of the tee time/didn't show up for the tee time. In those cases, two and three penalty points, respectively, would apply. Points roll off after seven days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainger99 View Post
I am trying to figure out how points are calculated for golf requests. What is the difference between placement points and reservation points? And how are they calculated?

I have read the Golfing in the Villages pamphlet, looked at the golf website, and called the golf office for an explanation and I am still baffled.

If someone plays twice a week at an executive course, how many points do they have when they are trying to make a reservation for the following week?

Last edited by biker1; 01-19-2024 at 06:57 AM.