View Single Post

Old 01-20-2024, 11:30 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,348 Times in 2,070 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by frayedends View Post
I'm really curious how you think this is a slam dunk for the defense. I would also point out the huge falsehood in the article. It was not a "prop" gun. It was a real gun capable of firing real bullets. And the article points out that Baldwin knew it was a real gun and even took precautions in some instances prior to killing a person.

I do have some biases against Baldwin. Mainly my bias is because he is rabidly and vocally anti-legal gun owners. His spewing of anti-2A propaganda tells me that he should know something about the subject. He should know the law and how to be sure a gun is safe an how to treat that gun. Lastly, if it were me in a position where a person of authority told me a gun was not loaded, and I decided to take their word for it and kill someone, I would have been convicted of manslaughter at the very least. Being a "celebrity" should offer no privilege in this matter.
Quote:
In November, NBC News exclusively obtained several videos that showed Baldwin handling at least one prop gun and interacting with crew members while he was filming scenes for “Rust.” The five videos showed Baldwin preparing for scenes, firing the guns and acting in character. In two of them, he tries to rearrange crew members after having expressed concerns about their safety. The five videos total about seven minutes. The crew was shooting for two weeks before production was shut down.
The gun Baldwin fired was so much tampered with by investigators that it was no longer the same prop gun described above.

New "Rust" shooting criminal charges filed against Alec Baldwin for incident that killed Halyna Hutchins - CBS News