View Single Post

Old 01-20-2024, 03:27 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,224 Times in 801 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dano121 View Post
I am going to be kind and just say that I am very disappointed with TVHS.. My current Doctor (for some reason... money?) refuses to see me regarding an ailment that the Practical Nurse says could be "Serious". I have been ill now for almost two months. Getting the required imaging is taking a month. I know the "Snowbirds are here but I live here year round. Shouldn't that account for something?

Anyway, can anyone, please, recommend a Doctor that is responsive, please!
If you're on TVHS, you're on a Medical Advantage Plan ... which means you don't have control of your healthcare, your provider does. You're on a "managed plan", which is exactly what it sounds like ... they manage, you suffer.

Medicare Advantage Plans are paid a fixed amount by the Medicare program and they have to services their clientele with that amount of money, less the "freebies" they give out, to get people to sign on. There's currently an open enrollment period (until 3/31) when you can switch out of an Advantage Plan. Unfortunately, if you switch out in Florida, you're not guaranteed coverage or pricing.

Medicare Advantage plans are popular, but some seniors feel trapped when ill : Shots - Health News : NPR