View Single Post

Old 01-21-2024, 08:46 AM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,077 Times in 433 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tophcfa View Post
I get it that my opinion will never change the system, but that is just wrong. NO GUEST should ever have priority over a resident. Plus, that allows enhanced members to game the system. They can request spots for guests, blocking out other residents, and then once the time is allocated they can substitute in golfers with higher placement points.

Otherwise, I find the allocation algorithm to be a very good effort at fairness. Especially as it pertains to Executive golf.
Yes, and some folks cheat on their taxes, too...which isn't fair.

An Enhanced member could submit a request with a guest, and then substitute a non-enhanced member after a reservation was granted. This could be totally legitimate, or he/she could be "gaming" the system if done on a frequent basis. The algorithm used by the tee time system has the ability to identify what is considered abuse of the system, and punish the offender. I know a resident who had his golfing privileges suspended for frequently using "ghost golfers" on requests. He tried to claim that he didn't know there was anything wrong with that, but his argument fell on deaf ears.