View Single Post

Old 01-21-2024, 03:36 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,241 Times in 2,820 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainger99 View Post
I THINK I have it figured out. Let me know if I am correct.

This is for executive courses with no cancelations by anyone.

The first thing that the computer does is to calculate each groups' placement points.

According to the system, residents have 6 placement points and guests have 7 placement points.

If you have four foursomes, the possible combinations are

4 residents
3 residents and 1 guest
2 residents and 2 guests
1 resident and 3 guests
4 guests (not sure if this is allowed)

The first group would have 24 placement points
The second group would have 25 placement points
The third group would have 26 placement points
The fourth group would have 27 placement points
The fifth group would have 28 placements.

The computer then ranks every groups' placement points.

Only after that is done, the computer then goes to reservation points and looks at them within each group.

When the computer looks at all of the requests, it takes all of the first group and fulfills their requests first; then to the second group; and so on.

For each group, the group with the fewest reservation points would be first on the list and the group with the most reservation points would be last on the list. However, the computer fulfills all of group one before going on to the next group.

If you are in the first group and no one played in the last seven days, the group would have 0 points but if everyone played seven times in the last seven days, the group would have 28 points. I think that group with 28 points would have their request fulfilled before going to the second group and looking at their reservation points. So you could have the possibility of 4 people in the second group not having played once in the last week (so 0 reservation points) but their request would be fulfilled after people in group one who had played each day in the past week.

The computer would then go to groups 3, 4, and 5, whereby all of the requests in each group would be fulfilled ahead of lower groups.
Good explanation. One thing that you didn’t go over is what happens when I put in for a twosome (my wife and I) who are both residents. I assume we are paired, by the system, with another twosome of residents and put in the first group with the lowest placement points of 24? But you know what they say about assuming. I would be interested in knowing how that works if anyone knows.