View Single Post

Old 01-23-2024, 09:44 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,980 Times in 713 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by flewell View Post
My husband and I went to the Supper Club for the first time yesterday. We enjoyed the music but we were really disappointed with the meal. Not being southerners, we weren't interested in collard greens or grits and plain white rice was not appealing at all. My husband had some catfish and he said that it was dry and overcooked. As a vegetarian, there was nothing there for me to eat except a roll which is what I ended up having for dinner. I found it hard to believe that at a buffet there wasn't even a salad. I think that in order to appeal to the wide range of people who attend the supper club, the menu should be more generic: a salad, a vegetarian pasta dish, some sort of meat and potatoes. One other point: I was horrified that there were no tongs for picking up a roll from the bin. In the age of covid, there is no way that hundreds of hands should be touching food that others will be eating. For the price that we paid for the tickets, we expected a much better meal.

The caterers are prepared to accommodate any restrictions within reason, including but not limited to: vegetarian, vegan, gluten-free, kosher, and allergen-free dishes. Guests were asked to leave a note with any dietary restrictions/preferences when they bought their ticket on the website, so the caterers are prepared ahead of time.