View Single Post

Old 01-24-2024, 08:06 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,733 Times in 1,555 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbs317 View Post
Been here six years now and still believe the majority of people are welcoming, north and south. I bought and live south of 44 no salespeople told me they would not build anything new, I assumed the developer would. Play exec golf north and south most south twice a week excepted the rejection enjoyed the wins. There is more to do in TV and life than golf. Enjoy the few years you have left.
Excellent advice!

We've been here close to four years now and TV continues to be everything we thought it would be, plus more. But, as Mom used to say, "you'd b!tch if you were hung with a new rope!". There is nothing like a gaggle of geezers for finding the cloud in every silver lining--and some will spare no effort looking until they DO find something to grouse about.

People need to realize that this is NOT utopia. We're 150,000 people, give or take, from all parts of the country and we all bring our different attitudes and expectations with us when we come here. There is nothing in or about The Villages that magically turns crabby and/or self-entitled older folks into placid doily-knitting grannies or bird-watching granddaddies if they were not that before they arrived. We're all who we were, and age has the unfortunate side-effect, in all too many cases. of magnifying that particular fact.

Yeah, tee times can be a bit hard to find these days, but it has apparently always been that way in the winter. But here's an idea. If you can't find anything, call a couple of the starter shacks and ask if they have an opening for one, or two, or whatever. People do cancel and there are occasional no-shows so you might get lucky. We do, maybe one day in three, when we do this. And go with the flow.