View Single Post

Old 01-24-2024, 08:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by evfan View Post
I have a 2023 Yamaha gas golf cart bought from the Villages. I’ve had three recent instances in which the battery has drained and left me stranded. The cart does have those LED strip lights on the side that run whenever the cart is on. In each of the three cases, I’ve connected a small battery charger (not a battery tender) which charges it back up to full strength in about 24-48 hours using the low-power mode.

After this third time, I called the service department to schedule service. They mentioned to me that if I’m not driving it near daily for at least five miles, the cart doesn’t have enough time to fully recharge the battery. I live close to a championship course and just doing a round of 18 ( stop, start, stop, start )isn’t enough time to recharge the battery. Seems a bit strange to get such advice from the service department, as I’m picturing every cart barn at any club would just be full of carts sitting around on battery chargers every night.

It’s getting more difficult to be able to trust the cart won’t leave me stranded. I’m tempted to take it back and ask them to put those running lights on a [on/off] switch to minimize the drain.

What are others doing? Is this normal? How often do you connect your battery tender?

Thank you in advance. :-)
I had the same issue with my Yamaha gas cart, I took it in for service and they found that the speedometer on the steering wheel was draining the battery when the cart was turned off. They rewired it and now when I start my cart up it takes 20-30 seconds for the speedometer to calibrate and startup but I no longer have any battery issues.