View Single Post

Old 01-24-2024, 10:28 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switter View Post
As others have said you can have the battery load tested to see if it's defective.

Not that this is completely relevant but I have a 2022 Suzuki king quad and the way they designed the new ones is that there is a load on the battery all the time for the electronics (I don't know anything about golf carts). the place that sold it to me told me to buy a trickle charger that you connect to the battery when you're not riding it. It was like 50 bucks and it works perfect. It has a cable that you attached to the battery and leave there so all you have to do is plug it in to the unit that plugs into the wall. it monitors the state of discharge of the battery and only charge when it needs to.

The main reason they told me to buy it is because in Minnesota, your ATV usually sits for longer period of times during the winter.

The one I have is a YUASA:
Amazon.com

I use this one and have been very happy with it. I have a pair of water-resistant ones the same company makes for the place "up north" for the jet-ski and the boat. They work great, winter after winter without issue.

Amazon.com