View Single Post

Old 01-24-2024, 09:36 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GKeysor View Post
I have the exact same problem with my wife's 2023 QT. Also had the same problem with her 2020 QT that we had to sell because Village Golf Carts in Sumter and Brownwood could not fix the problem. Service manager at Sumter explained to me the same problem and suggested remedy. It makes sense, but I can't believe they don't upgrade the cheap batteries that Yamaha puts in their new carts. I have an EE degree so I understand everyone's suggestions, and I have checked for parasitic loads on both carts (found zero). VGC is apparently now selling all their new carts with a battery tender/maintainer included. A $50 battery tender/maintainer will fix the problem, but it's a pain trying to remember to plug it in.
Part of the reason, people buy a gas cart in TV because they do not have to worry about forgetting to charge the cart(agree that range is more important).

Maybe they now want to sell the long range/more expensive lithium battery carts. I would hate to have to plug in my gas cart everyday and still need to go to the gas station.