View Single Post

Old 01-25-2024, 12:21 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,557 Times in 2,147 Posts

Two things to try before spending a lot of money: measure the belt and clean the clutch plates.

Find the part number of the particular belt for your cart. Look up the specifications for the belt to find the original (new) width and the width at which it should be replaced. Then measure the belt on your cart to see if it has worn too far or if it is still within specification.

The belt might squeak if there is dust or dirt on the clutch plates. Spray a little brake cleaner on a rag and then wipe the plate surfaces. Even if you can't see the dust it might be there. This takes about two minutes to do but might make a big difference.

I suppose a third option is to replace the belt yourself. If the cart isn't under some kind of maintenance plan and the shop refuses to look at it under warranty then why pay shop and labor charges for something you can do yourself? Get the right part number for your belt and buy it from Amazon or other non-golf-cart shop. I'm sure there are multiple YouTube videos on how to work the old belt off and the new one on - again, about a two minute job.

Victor, NY
Randallstown, MD
Yakima, WA
Stevensville, MD
Village of Hillsborough