View Single Post

Old 01-26-2024, 08:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utah Flyfisher View Post
When we bought our cart my husband asked me about speed and seat belts. (he was in TV and I’m home) I was confused. The place you purchase the cart from asks you where you want the speed set? Mind blown. These are GOLF CARTS. Meaning not built to be side-by-sides/ATV’s ������������*♀️ So yeah I said no……no no no….. Do not have them set his cart so it can go faster. Of course poor guy was sad but really? How stupid/unsafe is speeding in a tiny little cart BUILT for slow speed on a golf course? And aren’t we retired? Am I taking crazy pills? Now that we’ve had our house there for a year and a half I can tell you: A: if you drive the speed limit YOU are the problem. B: seatbelts are a unicorn. C: if you get mashed by the friendliest people your seatbelt probably won’t help. Just drive defensively and try not to let the friendliest people affect your retirement plans. Like they have mine. Stillllllllll in cold snowy Utah with a house in TV. #snowflake?

There was a story in the Villages News a couple of days ago about two people in a golf cart without seatbelts who hit a car and got head injuries because they went through the golf cart wind shield as a result of the crash. 20 mph sounds slow but when you hit something solid or moving at the right angle your goft cart can be very dangerous without seat belts. On another note, we also hear the story of the man and wife leaving Brownwood drunk and the husband makes a turn too sharp and the wife is ejected from the cart becasue there were no seat belts only to hit her head and die or get some other serious injury. And using the arm rest to keep you in the cart will not work either. That will snap like a toothpick during a very sharp turn or a collision.